Monday 28 November 2011

wustite and a ferrite

Although I thought that it was big bloom, when it was re-heated and having been beaten , it was broken in pieces. When it looks at  microscope, wustite and a ferrite can be seen. Because the temperature of slag is low, didn't iron condense? I feel that the composition  is not bloom....And I think that it was broken, when beaten ,since iron was not condensed.  What is required in order to condense iron?  High temperature, the amount of ventilation .....?

 
ノロの顕微鏡写真

1 comment:

  1. incredible, I live to do these experiments with iron ore limonite type, and have a workshop where I try to forge katana and other weapons of feudal Japan. My goal is to try to make a kind of tamahagane using bog iron, which is very common here, and work to make a completely handmade weapon. You made this foundry with perfect results, and great notes about the process.

    ReplyDelete